Mary O’Brien - About Us
Through her personal experience of moving from New Zealand to Australia, and facing the high expenditure of stamp duty and set-up costs, Mary O’Brien (pictured left) decided she could help others avoid such difficulties. With this purpose in mind Mary founded New Zealand Mortgage Solutions Australia. Since then the company has assisted many international and Australian residents, and also home residents, with their New Zealand investments.
Mary Sets Out To Help The British
Mary wants you to achieve your life’s ambition of owning property or investing in a very stable asset ‘Downunder’.
Mary O’Brien is specialising in assisting investors and people emigrating from UK with New Zealand and Australian finance. With thirteen New Zealand and more than thirty-five Australian lenders the Mary is uniquely positioned to help Irish citizens invest in NZ/Australian properties.
A Proven History
With a history of guiding people like yourself through the process Mary O’Brien is taking a lead in this unique investment opportunity.
By attaining pre-approval mortgage documents from one of many leading and reputable NZ/Australian banks she can assist in making the transition that much easier. A move to another country is never easy, especially when selling and buying a home. Before leaving UK, or if you live in UK (as an investor), she can obtain a bank letterhead document giving pre-approval from a leading and reputable NZ/Australian bank.
A pre-approval letter is useful when seeking a mortgage. It gives you, the buyer, the confidence in knowing just how much you can borrow. The seller is happiest knowing that the pre-approval letter substantially increases your ability in completing a sale. This pre-approval letter is valid for around 90 to 180 days (depending on bank) and offers you the comfort of knowing how you stand should you decide to make the move.
Understanding Of Both Sides Of The World
Getting advice from someone, like Mary O’Brien, who understands both sides of the world will make a great difference in smoothing the legalities of mortgage lending. Having worked with a New Zealand solicitor Mary is well aware of the need to have everything ‘just right and tight’.
Mary, herself is married to a British person, knows and understands the ups-and-downs, the twists-and-twirls, of establishing ones-self in a new country. Both she and Martin shifted from New Zealand to Australia 10 years ago and they visit UK regularly, hence Mary understands a “nonresident or new emigrant” situation. Mary has been imbued with a flair for the construction industry and property investment and has, through her adult life, invested in numerous properties in this part of the world.
Being a frequent visitor to UK Mary has that special understanding of what it is like to be British living abroad. She is delighted to be in a position in being able to assist other British people in their antipodean adventure.
Assisting In Providing Mortgage Options
Mary’s goal is to assist in providing mortgage options and create loan solutions for Irish people as well as investors around the world. Her main focus has always been to help people build equity and long-standing assets by property ownership. This website will help you choose the best loan options.
New Zealand Today
Today, with a minimum of fuss and expense, many new residents enjoy cliff-top walks and lounging beside crisp clean lakes and sea shores that only a country like New Zealand can offer. Since those humble beginnings, New Zealand Mortgage Solutions Sydney has assisted numerous international residents in New Zealand investments. Individuals from all walks of life have been assisted. Many have been able to make their dreams of owning a beautiful home in New Zealand a reality, with little money down. Today they enjoy daily walks atop high cliffs, lounging beside crisp, clean lakes, and basking in the sun.
The type of situations that New Zealand Mortgage Solutions Sydney have been able to help have been:
- First time UK investors or people moving to New Zealand
- First time investment property buyers, with very small set up fees
- First home buyers
- Individuals planning for retirement in a New Zealand location
- People buying for recreational or lifestyle reasons, or who seek certain geographical sceneries such as cliff tops or lakeside locations
- Individuals seeking to refinance their existing properties in New Zealand
- Those who seek to diversify their investments in New Zealand as well as their own countries
- Investors of commercial properties
There are many more situations and individuals that have been helped through the years. New Zealand Mortgage Solutions looks forward to continuing these business relationships in the future.
Mary began her career in real estate in Auckland city as a mortgage broker. She chose to become a permanent Australian resident after five years of service. Today she travels to New Zealand regularly to visit with family, conduct business meetings, and greet longtime friends and clients. Her deep passion for New Zealand lends to her sharing of thoughts about the country with her many clients. She maintains two holiday homes in New Zealand, one in New South Wales and one on Coromandel Peninsula.
Mary also owns an Australian brokering agency which is highly accredited, having 35 Australian lenders backing her. Australians who seek Mary’s assistance can claim their rights to the 10% to 20% financing deposits toward the purchase of a New Zealand property.
New Zealand Mortgage Solutions has been in the news recently. Please click on one of the articles below to learn more about us.
Mary O’Brien was also on Sky Business Channel 6.30pm Prime “Your Money On Demand” 1 August 2011 for a 5 minute interview re Australians Investing In New Zealand - small deposit and no stamp duty. Viewers found it great.
- “Relocation Relocation!” by Mary O’Brien Australia & New Zealand Magazine UK May 2012 - Mary O’Brien’s writeup on assisting people moving to New Zealand re a NZ Mortgage and NZ lifestyle advice before they shift to New Zealand from UK or elsewhere
- “Real Life Sydney - I Have A New Outlook On Life!” by Martin Bowman Australia & New Zealand Magzine UK December 2011 - Martin (Mary O’Brien’s of NZMS husband) moved from UK firstly to Auckland then Sydney outlines the great lifestyle Downunder in Sydney compared to UK. A “must” to read.
- “Moving To Auckland” by Mary O’Brien - Sep 11 Australia & NZ Magazine UK - September 2011 UK edition is Mary’s writeup in assisting visitors and emmigrants to Auckland on lifestyle, property and Mary obtaining finance for NZ properties. Great reading!!!
- Waikato Times Hamilton New Zealand Wed 4 May 2011 - Sales of Waikato tourism and lifestyle properties to Australian investors and Kiwis returning home have been held up by unrealistic asking prices from vendors.
- Mary of NZ Mortgage Solutions Sydney Beijing Stopover Writeup in Australia & NZ Magazine UK - February 2011 edition is writeup of Mary and her new husband Martin in their exciting stopover in Beijing in October 2010
- Now Is The Time To Inspect Kiwi Properties Sydney Morning Herald 5 October 2010 by Anneli Knight
- “Hot Property - Getting There - Mortgages New Zealand” - Sep 10 Aust & NZ Magazine UK
- Obtaining an Australian Mortgage Before You Emmigrate To Australia - “Australia New Zealand Magazine UK Aug 2010″
- Your Investment Property Magazine - “Globalise Your Portfolio” - July 2009
- Your Investment Property Jan 09
- Your Mortgage July 06
- “Taking The Kiwi Lead” - Mortgage Professional Australia magazine May 2006
- “The NZ Connection” - Aust Property Investor magazine July 05
- Crossing The Tasman” - Profile of Mary: Mortgage Brief March 2004
- “The Advantages of investing in New Zealand” - Wealth Creator magazine November 2003
- Martin and I in Beijing